I actually stopped wearing my 6138-0017 "UFO" because I just didn't like the bracelet (and it was original!). It was flimsy, stretched out, and I just wasn't thrilled with it at all! While Seiko made some outstanding watches, I believe their bracelets were often sub-par. So, I decided to produce a bracelet custom-made for this classic chronograph.
It is a heavy, solid-link bracelet with brushed metal, security clasp, and a truly awesome fit! It is 18.7mm wide at the lugs, has removable links (with pins) and 3 holes on the buckle for micro-adjustment. Fits up to a large wrist.
So far, I have been able to confirm this bracelet will work on:
- 6138-7000 "Slide Rule"
- 7A28-7049 Sports Chronograph
- 6139-8002 Speedtimer
One bracelet and one pair of spring bars
- Lug width to Buckle: 19mm to 16mm
- Length (mm): 165mm
- Min length after adjusted: 125mm
- Buckle style: Diver clasp
- Thickness: 3.7mm
- Net Weight (gram): 64 grams
- Finish: Brushed Metal
- Spring bar diameter: 1.8mm
- Lug end style: Straight End
- Adjustment type: 6 removable links - pin type adjustment
- Material: 316L Stainless Steel, all solid links